Food or Thought

 I miss blogging on SparkPeople so much.  It was my safe haven for expression.  When I felt like eating or doing something self-destructive, I would write.  

Today I will begin with my realization that we THINK before we EAT.  We think something, whether it’s how we are craving ____, or whether we should or should not eat ____, or maybe even that it will make the stress go away or we deserve it.

That made me challenge the thought as to whether food or mindset is the issue.  Is it the thinking that gets us in trouble or the eating?  Chicken or the egg dilemma.  

I’m going to try to change the way I think and use my self-talk before I eat and see.

Beth Donovan, B.A., CMC, CWCS

www.BethDonovan.com

240 pounds lost without surgery, crazy diets, or extreme exercise

Comments

  1. Glad to see you blogging again, Beth. Your words on SparkPeople over the years have brought hope, comfort, and inspiration to many.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for this blog. I have been thinking before I eat something. I am thinking it's the eating. Hugs and smiles, Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you ! So often I just don't"feel like" making a meal but if I don't then I end up nibbling on everything!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is wonderful. For me it is mindset. Funny when I was younger, if I got stressed I couldn't eat. Now it is just the opposite. Neither is good, but hopefully I will find a in-between.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts