Your WHY is vital

 Recently I spent time in the hospital for a surgery and gained 22 pounds instantly.  Amazing, considering I ate hardly anything there. I FELT horrible!  I could barely move and everything hurt.

It took me a month to lose 19 lbs so far.  It came off quickly because it wasn’t real weight/fat.  It was from all the fluids they gave me.  

I’m thankful, yes thankful, to have regained the weight to remind me of my WHY. A WHY is a purpose for doing something. 

The WHY that came was that I was so uncomfortable and had such a hard time moving, that it was near unbearable.  I felt like a parade balloon- totally inflated and unable to move.  Every little move took such great effort and was incredibly painful.  

Now that I can move better and have less pain, I truly get WHY I want so badly to lose weight.  I never want to be 460 pounds and bedridden again, nor do I want to feel what even 20 extra pounds feels like. 

I want to feel free and move freely.  I want less pain and more ability.  That is my personal WHY.  

What is your personal WHY?

Beth Donovan, B.A., CMC, CWCS


Comments

  1. Freedom! Mine connected with the self care principle of getting enough sleep so I don't turn bipolar, which happened In 1992.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spent a week recently. First meal refused. Got eggs and back after. Diabetic lunch was chicken and dumplings. Sent it out. Afterwards nice dietitian called and was able to pick and choose from entire menu. Kept stable BG and some of the nurses may have learned more how to help a patient on the journey. Blessings

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment